What are Primary Sources?
Last Updated: Apr 27, 2016 | 82 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Primary Sources are works created
- at the time an event occurred, or,
- by a person who directly experienced the event.
Primary sources can include
- Interviews, diaries, letters, journals, speeches, autobiographies, and witness statements
- Articles containing original research, data, or findings never before shared
- Original hand-written manuscripts
- Government documents and public records
- Art, photographs, films, maps, fiction, and music
- Newspaper and magazine clippings
- Artifacts, buildings, furniture, and clothing
For more information, see the subject guides on finding primary sources.