Skip to Questions



What are Microforms?

Last Updated: Sep 15, 2014  |  383 Views

Was this helpful? 1   0


'Microforms' refers to books, journals or other content that has been reproduced in miniature on film. These may be on reels (microfilm) or cards (microfiche). You need to use special machines to read, scan, or make copies of this content.

Collections include books, newspapers, magazines, journals, medieval manuscripts, government documents, inter-governmental agency documements, maps, architectural plans, research reports, and much more.

UVic Libraries' Microforms room is on the lower level where you'll find the microforms, as well as the machines to view them.

For more help, ask one of the Learning Commons Assistants at the Library help desk (on the main floor).


Grey triangle Embedded Media:

Answered by Tina BebbingtonBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Need more help?

    Live Chat