I have a citation. How can I find this article or book?
Has your instructor put this on reserve? If so, get the call number from the Course Reserves Catalogue and find the item in the Reserve Collection on the main floor. If you know it's not on reserve, first determine whether it's a book or a journal article, then check to see if we have it.
- Search for the book’s title (not the chapter title) under the Books & Media tab.
- Select "Title begins with" and once found note whether book has a physical location in the library or is an ebook.
Articles: These typically include a journal title, author name, volume number, issue number, and page numbers.
- Search Summon with the article title and the authors name to see if we have access to the article.
- If you cannot find the article, on the main library page, click on Books & Media, and select "Journal Title begins with" from the dropdown menu to find the journal.
- Once you locate the journal, check the years -- links to the electronic journal, click on it to get it online. Alternatively, available years and volumes for the journal in print will be listed under "Library has." Find these hard-copy journals by the given call number.
Need more help? Ask Us!