I've tried searching in a database, but I can't find any articles on my research topic. How can I improve my search results?
Last Updated: Jul 16, 2014 | 89 Views
Topics: Research help
Was this helpful? 1 0
Here are some tips on searching databases:
- Check for spelling mistakes and typos.
- Think of synonyms or related terms that describe the concept you're searching for.
- Think of broader or narrower terms.
- Add or subtract terms from your search -- sometime it's better to start with a more general search using fewer terms, and then begin narrowing down your results, rather than starting with a very specific search.
- Try searching in different fields. A simple Keyword search does not always provide the best results. Try searching in the Subject or Abstract field.
- Use the database thesaurus for broader or narrower terms, if available.
- See more search tips on this website under search smarter, not harder
Still stuck? Ask a librarian for help.