Where are journals located in McPherson Library?
Last Updated: Jul 28, 2015 | 43 Views
Was this helpful? 0 0
Journals may be found in a variety of locations in McPherson Library. Consult the Catalogue for locations of specific titles.
Here are the most common locations where you may find journals:
- online, via the links in our catague, or the links in one of our databases
- in the periodical reading room on the main floor, for this year's issues of a few selected titles only
- on the 2nd, 3rd and 3rd Mezzanine floors, at call number locations
- in Basement Compact Shelving, for journals we no longer subscribe to
- in Microforms, on the library's lower level, on microfilm or fiche
- In Special Collections, for rare, unique or valuable material.
A journal may be split between several locations, for example:
- current issues online
- slightly older issues on the 3rd floor
- very old issues in Special Collections.
The catalogue record for the journal will explain where to find each range of dates for each particular journal. Talk to a librarian if you're not sure.