Skip to Questions



When do I need to use the campus VPN service?

Last Updated: Sep 25, 2013  |  449 Views

Was this helpful? 1   1


A few of the electronic resources on the Library are not compatible with EZProxy, therefore you will need to use the VPN remote access service.

The UVic Libraries have licensing agreements with these providers which allow access only from a UVic Network address. By configuring your computer to use VPN, it will appear to the service provider to be connecting via the UVic network, and hence access will be granted to the requested resource. 

You can get more information about VPN, and learn how to get it,  at the University of Victoria Computer Help Desk's VPN page.

Answered by Marthese CassarBookmark and Share

Other Answers / Comments (0)

    Need more help?

    Live Chat