Q. How can I get a book that is checked out?
If you need an item that is checked out, you can place a recall request to get it.
Library materials are a shared resource and in order to ensure that everyone can get access to the same items, anyone may recall a book.
To place a recall on a book that is checked out:
- Find the item in our catalogue (if you are in a list of items, click on the specific book)
- Check the status to see if the item is either checked out or renewed
- Click on Recall in the blue Actions section on the right of the page
- Log in with your Netlink ID or if with your barcode and last name
- Click on Recall
- Select "any copy" or a specific item copy.
- Choose a pick-up location of Main library, Law library or Curriculum library.
- Click Submit
- Page will indicate "Your request was successful"
Once the item is returned by the other person (by the new due date), you will receive email notification informing you when and where your item is available for pick-up.
For further information, refer to Recall.