What are Microforms?


'Microforms' refers to books, journals or other content that has been reproduced in miniature on film. These may be on reels (microfilm) or cards (microfiche). You need to use special machines to read, scan, or make copies of this content.

Collections include books, newspapers, magazines, journals, medieval manuscripts, government documents, inter-governmental agency documements, maps, architectural plans, research reports, and much more.

UVic Libraries' Microforms room is on the lower level where you'll find the microforms, as well as the machines to view them.

For more help, ask one of the Learning Commons Assistants at the Library help desk (on the main floor).



  • Last Updated Nov 02, 2017
  • Views 568
  • Answered By Tina Bebbington

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 1 0