Q. What areas of research are covered by Google Scholar?
In a word, "everything"! Google says, "search across many disciplines and sources: articles, theses, books, abstracts and court opinions, from academic publishers, professional societies, online repositories, universities and other web sites." They do not disclose exactly which publishers, societies, etc. they are searching.
If you select 'Advanced Scholar Search' you can limit your search in a few ways, including selecting from seven pre-defined areas of reseach. These are:
- Biology, Life Sciences, and Environmental Science
- Medicine, Pharmacology, and Veterinary Science
- Business, Administration, Finance, and Economics
- Physics, Astronomy, and Planetary Science
- Chemistry and Materials Science
- Social Sciences, Arts, and Humanities
- Engineering, Computer Science, and Mathematics