How do I copyright my work?


You do not have to "register" your work, it is automatically copyrighted upon creation. However, you can register your work for additional protection by contacting the Canadian Intellectual Property Office.


Contact Inba Kehoe, Copyright Officer,  or visit UVic's Copyright website to find out about retaining your rights, publsihing your textbook, permissions to use 3rd party content in your thesis, etc. Her contact info is


  • Last Updated Nov 02, 2017
  • Views 42
  • Answered By Inba Kehoe

FAQ Actions

Was this helpful? 0 0